Pitot Tube: Clear
The pitot is connected to the airspeed indicator (along with a static
source). Make sure nothing is stuck in there that will restrict the flow
of air, otherwise the airspeed indicator may not function properly.
Windshield Condition and Cleanliness: Check
Fresh Air Vent: Clear
Check that the bees haven't built a nest overnight. Otherwise you'll
get a nasty surprise when you open the vent in flight!
Landing Lights: Check
For daytime flight you might just check that the lights seem secure.
For nighttime flight you want to turn them on briefly to check that both
bulbs are working. Robinson has a (pain in the butt) lockout system so
that the landing lights don't work unless the clutch switch is in the
"engage" position. To check the lights I use this procedure:
- Pull the clutch circuit breaker
- Turn on the master
- Put the clutch in the "engage" position
- Turn on the landing lights
- Turn off the landings lights
- Return the clutch to the "disengage" position
- Turn off the master
- Push in the clutch circuit breaker